Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies


Oh my chocolate-granola heaven, y'all! In case you didn't know, my name is Lauren and I am a self-proclaimed chocolate addict. It's true. Got a headache? No tylenol for me. I'll pop a few chocolate chips and feel instant relief! Sluggish getting my day started? No thanks coffee. I'll take a piece of rich, dark chocolate and feel suddenly energized and ready to take on the world! 

So needless to say, I'm pretty stinkin' excited about today's featured granola recipe ... Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies! Your taste buds are about to take the ride of their life. Now don't get me wrong, chocolate chip cookies are heavenly just as they are ... but when you add in some of our nut-filled Goin' Nuts granola you take your average chocolate chip cookie to the whole next level!!

Now, I'll admit to not always having it all together in the kitchen. Or, well, having slip ups. I cut the below recipe in half in the hopes that I wouldn't have a TON of cookies lying around calling my name (it still made about 10-12!!). Sometimes, when adjusting recipes though, you end up with a little less of something and a little more of something else. The cookies didn't turn out as pretty as I would have liked ... thankfully they still tasted pretty stinkin' delicious! So, when trying the below recipe, my recommendation would be to make the whole batch! You can freeze some if you have extras! Yes, cookies freeze just fine!

So without further ado, ladies and gents ...

Scour your pantry for the following:

1 c butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 c Nothin' but Nola Goin' Nuts granola 
1 1/2 c dark chocolate chips 
1 tsp cinnamon*

*I added in the cinnamon and wow! It gave the cookies a delicious touch.

Now let's get started....

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter and both sugars. Beat on medium speed until creamy.


Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and stir until combined.

Stir in granola and chocolate chips.


Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.


Devour with a glass of cold milk!!!



Check out our Pinterest page for more delicious recipes using granola!


Credit for this recipe | Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy you stopped by! Thank you for your chatting with us. Love and hugs <3