In case you haven't skipped on over to our Pinterest page, you should. We have an entire board full of mouthwatering recipes using granola. And to make your heart smile even brighter, we'll be posting one new recipe right here every single week. We're going to test them ourselves (who better than your go-to granola gurus!) and give you our nola-tested, sweet-tooth-loving, food-obsessed opinions right here!
Let's not waste another minute. Onward to Grilled Peach Cobbler with Granola Topping...
This recipe is super easy and you'll only need a few simple ingredients. I threw it together in about 30 minutes, from start to finish. It's the perfect dessert for summer cookouts and a great dish to throw together for a last minute get-together. Or you can always make it on a Monday night, just because ... like I did!
Go ahead and gather up...
5-6 ripe peaches
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
8 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2-3/4 cup of our Goin' Nuts granola (if you like lots of the crunchy topping go for 1 full cup)
1 pint vanilla ice cream
Now get going beauties...
1. Turn on your grill and crank it up to medium heat.
2. Cut your peaches in half and twist to pull apart from the pit. Now use a small paring knife to remove the pit.
3. Place the peaches cut side down on your grill until browned (about 5 minutes).
4. Remove your browned peaches from the grill, slice, and place in an oven safe dish.
5. Add half of the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon (4 tablespoons butter, 4 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon) to your peaches and toss until completely coated. It's okay if you sneak a taste ... I couldn't resist either!
6. Now in a small bowl combine the granola with the rest of the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
7. Top the peaches with the granola mixture and place on the grill for about 15 minutes or until golden brown (mine only took about 8 minutes ... but that's because the temperature on my grill sky rocketed!!).
8. To enjoy, place 1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl and top with your peach cobbler. Spoon in. And sigh a beautiful sigh of oh-my-goodness-my-tastebuds-just-died-and-went-to-heaven delight.
Let us know in the comments below if you'll be trying this recipe! With the walnuts, almonds, and pecans from our Goin' Nuts granola, the topping has the perfect nutty crunch. You won't be disappointed, I promise!
Credit for this recipe | The Food Network