Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Banana Split: A Healthier Alternative

Oh my food lovin'!! For those of you who don't know, I am a serious foodie. I love food. All things food. Photos of food. Videos and documentaries about food. Learning about food. Eating food (yes! yes! and yes!). Making food. Dreaming about food. Walking through food stores. Exploring food at farmers markets. Trying new foods. Anything involving food - sign me up.

Needless to say, my intense love of food is only healthy in moderation! :) I love the sugar-filled-calorie-overloaded-fat-from-heaven-oh-my-goodness-that's-not-good-for-you food just as much as the next person. But I choose to eat more fruits, veggies, and wholesome foods that fuel my body (at least I try). The other stuff I still indulge in but in moderation. So when I'm able to create a healthy alternative to one of those delicious foods that I crave way too often, I get super excited! My taste buds don't know the difference. So indulge, I will. And I won't even feel bad about it!



So today, I give you a healthier, granola-topped version of the traditional Banana Split. We're swapping out ice cream for protein-rich Greek yogurt, and topping this bad boy with our organic-nut-filled Goin' Nuts granola, melted dark chocolate, and sprinkles. I won't make you wait a second longer!

((cue the drool!))








Banana Split: A Healthier Alternative 

1/2 banana
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tbsp dark chocolate
Sprinkles, optional but highly encouraged!

1. Cut banana in half (you should have 2 quarters of a whole banana) and place in bowl.

2. Top with yogurt and Goin' Nuts granola.

3. Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler over low heat. If using a microwave, warm chocolate for 5 seconds at a time, until melted. You do not want to overheat or the chocolate will become hard and dry! Drizzle over your sundae immediately (before the chocolate has a chance to harden)!!

4. Finish with the sprinkles!

5. Spoons up, mi amores! 


I hope you love it! Let me know if you give it a try. I'd love to hear how it turns out! And you can visit our ONLINE STORE to purchase our Goin' Nuts granola. When you do, you'll be giving one meal to a person in need for each bag you purchase! Thank you :)

For more about Nothin' but Nola: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

xoxo Lauren






No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy you stopped by! Thank you for your chatting with us. Love and hugs <3