I love little indulgences. I also love filling my body with natural, wholesome foods. So you can feel great about indulging in this breakfast dish! We're using cocoa nibs for a healthy dose of antioxidants. Bananas are a great source of energy and potassium. And a killer source of carbohydrates, oats make any breakfast great because they give you the energy you need to kick start your day and keep going. No crazy sugar-induced crash from a big bowl of cereal here!!
So without further ado ladies and gentleman, I give you the soon-to-be-famous...
Banana Nut Chocolate Oatmeal with Granola
1 cup organic rolled oats
1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
large pinch of salt
1 overripe banana
2/3 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tbsp cocoa nibs
Goin' Nuts granola, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mash the banana and combine with milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined. Add walnuts and cocoa nibs and mix just until combined.
5. Grease 3 ramekins and spoon oatmeal into each. Top with granola.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Eat up y'all!!
Looking for easy and healthy breakfast recipes like this? Try our Strawberry Banana Granola Smoothie!
For more: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter