I love cooking and baking and experimenting with new recipes (if that isn't obvious!). The downside is that I'm left with way too much sweet and tasty goodness. Not necessarily a bad thing, except that if it's in the house I will eat it!! And if I'm being honest, I don't need to eat two dozen cookies! So if you're left in a similar predicament, surprise your neighbors or co-workers with cookies! You'll be the new favorite and they're sure to love you forever!
These cookies are pretty darn tasty without the icing, which is how I prefer them! But if you like a little extra sweet, the icing is super easy to make and adds a beautiful touch!
Apple + Granola Cookies
1/4 cup organic brown sugar + 1 tbsp
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat, you can use All Purpose too)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup finely chopped apples
3/4 cup Goin' Nuts granola
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp water (or lemon juice)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine brown sugar and softened butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Add milk and egg. Combine until mixed well.
3. Add flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
4. Fold in apples and granola.
5. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool and devour OR drizzle with icing and then eat your heart out!! To make icing, combine powdered sugar and water. Super easy!
You can buy our Goin' Nuts granola or our new An Apple a Day flavor here!
For more: Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter