Thursday, September 25, 2014

Apple Pancakes + Granola

Weekends are perfect for making big breakfasts!! I love waking up late, starting my day with a cup of tea and making a late breakfast to enjoy with my love. We love making banana pancakes so I was pretty excited to try my hand at making some apple pancakes! I was so thrilled with how these turned out. We had some friends in time this weekend so it was so nice getting to make a fun breakfast for them, too. And it's always nice having several taste testers! They all loved these pancakes, so I hope you will, as well!



Top these pancakes, or any pancakes, with some of our granola for a beautiful final touch and a lovely crunch! Of course, the other favorite pancake toppings are butter and syrup! I love topping my pancakes with peanut butter for a kick of protein to start my day! And if you want to steer clear of syrup, try applesauce!




Grab it!
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
2 eggs
2 c milk of choice (I used almond milk, original unsweetened)
1/4 cup oil (or melted butter)*
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2-3/4 cup grated apples
1/2 cup Goin' Nuts or An Apple a Day Granola

*I use sunflower oil!

Cook it!
1. Heat griddle to 375 degrees. 
2. Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, and allspice. 
3. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
4. Add grated apples.
5. Spoon batter onto griddle. Wait for bubbles. Then flip! Cook until both sides are golden brown.
6. To serve, stack 3 pancakes and top with a spoonful of granola and syrup (butter, if you desire). Gobble up!!


You can buy our Goin' Nuts granola or our new An Apple a Day flavor here


xoxo Lauren

For more: Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy you stopped by! Thank you for your chatting with us. Love and hugs <3