Serve up these delicious and nutritious pancakes tomorrow for Halloween and you'll have some happy campers!! Plus you can feel GREAT about feeding them to your family, because pancakes don't get much healthier than this! Use your Halloween-themed cookie cutters to make these even more festive and put a big smile on your kiddos' faces!!
If you're searching for almond flour, you may find it as "almond meal" - same thing!! It's ground almonds! You could make your own if you're feeling crafty (yes, you can be crafty with food!)! I'm able to find almond flour and ground flax in the bulk section of our local grocery store. You may need to try your local health food store like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Fresh Market, or Natural Grocers.
By the way, I snagged these two cute cookie cutters (pumpkin + ghost) at Michael's 4 days before Halloween for 70% off!!! They were 29 cents each. Score!!
Pumpkin Pancakes with Almond Flour
(makes about 4 servings of 3 pancakes)
1 1/2 cups almond flour/almond meal
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tsp organic ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Allspice
2 bananas, mashed*
4 tbsp organic pumpkin puree
3/4 cup of milk (add more for thinner pancakes)
1 cup Goin' Nuts granola
*I substituted bananas for eggs. The rule of thumb is to replace every egg the recipe calls for with one medium banana (or about ¼ cup mashed banana).
Mix it! Cook it! Flip it!
1. Combine almond flour, ground flax, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
2. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add pumpkin puree and milk.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
4. Spray your cookie cutters with cooking spray (I use olive oil). Set on hot skillet and pour in batter. Add more batter for thicker pancakes or less for thinner ones!
5. After about 3-5 minutes, carefully remove the cookie cutter, using an oven mitt. Flip once the bottom side is firm and browned.
6. Allow another 2-4 minutes for the other side to cook.*
7. Top with granola and some honey or maple syrup and enjoy!
*These pancakes will take longer to cook than your normal pancake.
You can buy our fresh + healthy, organic-based granola here!
For more: Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter