Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nothin' but Nola Recipe: Quinoa Oatmeal + Granola


I love oatmeal. It all started my sophomore year in college when I bought my first cookbook and started learning all of the basics! The cookbook had an amazing recipe for oatmeal. I made it one weekend with my beautiful mother, while at home. We fell in love and started making it every weekend I came home! Since then I've experimented and made countless oatmeal recipes. This is one of my favorites!!

We are taking a traditional favorite and giving it a fun and quirky twist - we're substituting quinoa for oats! This is an awesome way to start your day with a great big ol' dose of protein! Quinoa is one of the highest protein grains on the planet and provides all 9 essential amino acids!! Heck yeah quinoa!!


I first made this yummy breakfast dish last winter. I think it came to be for several reasons: I was in love with quinoa at the time, had a lot of cooked quinoa in the fridge, and didn't have a lot of time before work to throw together a healthy breakfast. So, I tried this concoction and quickly realized I'd created a gem!

Just a fun fact - before we started selling Nothin' but Nola, Mom would mail me a large bag of it every now and then to enjoy! So, this recipe was created before Nothin' but Nola was born. All thanks to snail mail and Mom sending me a bag of her delicious granola, that we now sell. :)


Quinoa Oatmeal + Granola
(one serving)

Grab it!
1 banana
1 cup organic quinoa
1 tbsp organic brown sugar
1/2 tbsp organic coconut oil
organic ground cinnamon, to taste
1/4 cup Goin' Nuts Granola
optional toppings: fresh berries, apples

Mash it! Mix it!
1. Mash banana
2. Add quinoa, brown sugar, coconut oil, and ground cinnamon. Mix well and heat over stove until warm or in microwave for 30sec-1min.
3. Top with granola and optional toppings and mix well.
4. Enjoy lovelies!


You can buy our fresh + healthy, organic-based granola here


xoxo Lauren

For more: Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter  




No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy you stopped by! Thank you for your chatting with us. Love and hugs <3