Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nothin' but Nola Recipe: Chocolate + Coconut Granola Bark



Hi, my name is Lauren. I'm a self-proclaimed chocolate addict. Many that know me know about my insane love of anything and everything chocolate. It's a problem at times. But I indulge myself and enjoy a little chocolate almost on a daily basis. So, when I'm able to create delicious recipes that incorporate this dark cacao-y goodness, you bet your sweet cheeks I'm going to hop on that train!


I've seen recipes everywhere for "bark"! You know, those big, chocolatey chunks with dried fruit, nuts, and all kinds of yumminess on top! If you've gone anywhere near Pinterest in the past few weeks, you've seen it! I've been dying to make some of my own. Granola was a natural choice for my topping, of course. So I decided to use our an apple a day flavor that is bursting with festive flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Yum!!!  I also tossed in some shredded coconut for an added touch of sweetness and coconut-y goodness!

This makes a perfect gift for the holiday season. Wrap in some beautiful brown wrapping paper and tie it with a bow. Your neighbors, kids' teachers, and fabulous friends will love you! Because who doesn't love chocolate?! I'm planning to match a batch (or three!) for our holiday get-togethers. I'm planning to blow some taste buds away!



Chocolate + Coconut Granola Bark
(makes one small pan)

Ingredients!
12 ounces dark chocolate (I used dark chocolate chips)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup granola
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Melt! Sprinkle! Refrigerate!
1. Melt chocolate and coconut oil using a double boiler. *If you don't have a double boiler (I don't!), fill a pot halfway with water and place over medium-low heat on the stove. Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot. The bowl must be large enough to sit on top of the pot. It cannot rest in the water. Place your chocolate in the bowl. As the water warms and comes to a boil, your chocolate will melt! Make sure to stir consistently.
2. Once completely melted, pour the chocolate onto a  parchment-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. *A rubber spatula works wonderfully here!
3. Sprinkle evenly with the granola and coconut.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until solid.
5. Once solid, break into pieces and enjoy!



If you're looking for other delicious holiday recipes, check out this!

You can buy our nutritious + delicious granola here

For more: Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter   

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy you stopped by! Thank you for your chatting with us. Love and hugs <3