Sharing memories over a sweet morning treat are the sweetest, aren't they? Do you remember those summer mornings, waking to the smells of something delicious baking in the oven? They're some of the sweetest memories. So, we've created something sweet to help you make some sweet memories of your own.
Snuggle your sweet kids out of bed in the morning and let them help crack eggs, measure, and stir. They'll love it. Bake this sweet treat to share over brunch (and mimosas, yes please!) with your closest ladies. They'll love you! :) You can even share this as a light dessert after a sunshine-and-warm-weather-filled cookout ... under the twinkling lights in your backyard. However you choose to serve it, serve it with love and make precious memories over this sweet treat.
Lemon Blueberry Coffeecake with Nothin' but Nola Granola
(makes one full bundt cake, serves 12)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated
3 cups + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 5.3oz container plain Chobani greek yogurt
1 cup blueberries
1 cup Main Squeeze Nothin' but Nola granola
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat your bundt pan with oil (a nonstick cooking spray works best).
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating and mixing well after each egg.
4. Add lemon juice and zest, and stir well, until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour (3 cups), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk to mix well and get rid of any clumps.
6. Add half of the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix well. Add the greek yogurt and mix until combined. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until completely combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of your bowl!
7. Toss the blueberries with the extra flour (1 tablespoon) -- this will help keep them from sinking to the bottom of your cake -- and gently fold into the batter, using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
8. Spread 1/2 cup of granola in the bottom of your greased bundt pan. Top with the batter. Use the remaining 1/2 cup of granola to sprinkle across the top of the batter. Use a rubber spatula to press the granola into the batter.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.* Remove from the oven once a toothpick inserted, comes out clean. Let cool for 30-60 minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving platter and gently shake until the cake slides out of the bundt pan. Serve and enjoy!
*You may need to cover the cake with foil for the last 10-15 minutes if it's starting to brown too much.
Be sure to post a photo of your coffeecake and the sweet people you share it with and use #nbnrecipe so we can see!!
If you're a granola fan like us, you can shop for our super delicious and hunger-fighting granola here!
Use code BLOG10 for 10% off your order! Because we love our blog readers!!