Planning a springtime brunch with the ladies anytime soon? You're in the right place!!
Searching for the perfect weekend recipe for your Saturday morning? Perfect!
Looking very an easy make-ahead breakfast that you can take on-the-go in the mornings? Yay! You're in the right place, too! :)
If you love blueberries, breakfast, and brunch (cheers for alliteration), then we have a treat for you today! This Baked Blueberry Oatmeal is everything delicious and cheery and full of springtime sass with a side of oh-summer-you're-almost-here longing!! It's perfect for any breakfast or brunch gathering, small or large. Casual or oh so fancy! 'Round your dining room table with the kiddos still in their jammies (you too, of course! It's Saturday!). Or outside surrounded by blooms and sunshine, sharing brunch (and mimosas!) with your sweetest ladies. It's also perfect for those hurried weekday mornings when breakfast seems to take a back-burner to oh-this-hair-is-not-ok-AND-these-heels-don't-match or how-did-we-make-it-to-school-and-forget-your-shoes!!! It's OK. You're not the only one. But for those days, this fits nicely in tupperware, eaten cold or warmed!!
It may be the most perfect breakfast/brunch dish ever.
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal with Granola Topping (Vegan + Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
(makes one 8x8 dish, serves 5-6)*
*can be easily doubled for a 9x13
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled completely
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup NBN granola
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flax seed, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, banana, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the oat mixture into your baking dish and top with the blueberries.
5. Pour the almond milk mixture over the oats and berries, making sure to coat the oats and berries evenly.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with granola. Bake for an additional 10-15minutes until cooked and slightly golden.
7. Serve warm with fresh fruit and mimosas!! Or OJ for the kiddos!
Are you a foodie photographer like us? If you snap a picture, be sure to share with us on Instagram using #nbnrecipe!
If you're a granola fan like us, you can shop for our super delicious and hunger-fighting granola here!
Use code BLOG10 for 10% off your order! Because we love our blog readers!!