I'll be there early.
Everyone loves tiny food. Be honest. You've awwed at tiny food somewhere, sometime - those adorable tiny, baby cookies that you can't help but eat twelve of at a time, or those mouth-watering hamburger sliders that are all over pinterest.
I don't feel bad about eating 5 and they're the perfect size for the kiddos. It's a win win!!
Not to mention that these are perfect for any baby shower, wedding shower, brunch, family get-together, or any event involving food and lots of people!
Serve these at your next brunch. I promise you'll be the talk of the town (or of the brunch, at least)!
Or you can choose to make these for yourself, early, before the family is awake, and eat them all ... like I did. Guilty!
Mini Pancake Sliders
(serves: a large crowd or one hungry lady)
2 cup freshly ground oat flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour (or flour of choice)
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1.5 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Combine the flours, flax, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Use a whisk to get ride of any clumps and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Mix well. And sniff. Yum!
3. Add your wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
4. Spoon onto a griddle or stovetop (medium heat) one tablespoon at a time. It may not seem like enough, but trust me it is! We're making mini pancakes!!
4. Cook until each side is golden brown. Aren't they the cutest?! #tinyfoodmakesmeswoon
5. Arrange on a serving platter and top each pancake with a slice of banana, a slice of strawberry, and one blueberry. Drizzle syrup over all of the pancakes or let your guests pour their own maple syrup.
6. Prepare for lots of "awwwwww"s. Everyone loves tiny food! #tinyfoodmakesmeswoon
Brownie (or granola) points for the first person to comment with the number of times I said #tinyfoodmakesmesoon in this one blog post.
You can buy our taste-bud dancing granola here and snack healthy on-the-go or right from your desk ... where ever you're comfiest (err, hungriest)!