I love chocolate.
I love granola.
Chocolate + granola.
Did you just say heaven?
I think so.
Plus these are packed with body-loving, nutrient dense goodness.
Almonds, dates, and peanut butter.
Naturally sweetened with honey.
They're great even without the chocolate.
So, you could forgo the chocolate if you wanted.
But why would you?
Let's not waste anymore time!
Chocolate-Granola Dipped Almond + Date Truffles
(makes approx 20 1-inch truffles)
3/4 cup almonds
12-16 medjool dates, pitted
1 T cocoa powder
2-3 T peanut butter
1-2 T honey
1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup Goin' Nuts granola
1. Add almonds to a food processor and process until crushed into an almond-flour like consistency. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the medjool dates (pitted) to the food processor, and process until crushed and sticky. The dates will form together in a big ball.
3. Add almonds, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and honey to the dates and process for 1-2 minutes or until mixed completely. This mixture will be very thick, so you may need to use a spoon to help the food processor! Go ahead and sneak a bite. No one is watching!
4. Form into 1" balls and place on a tray covered with waxed paper. You can add additional honey if the mixture isn't sticky enough.
5. Freeze for 20-30 minutes or until "hard".
6. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave) along with the coconut oil.
7. Dip the truffles into the chocolate to coat half of the truffle. Sprinkle granola over the warm chocolate or dip the chocolate-covered truffle in granola to coat. I'll let you decide!
8. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until hardened.
9. Bon appetit!
You can store these in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Share a photo of your truffles on Instagram and use the hashtag #nbnrecipe so we can drool over your awesome culinary skills!!
If you're a granola fan like us, you can buy our world-changing, hunger-fighting, nutritious, taste-bud dancing granola here!